Keep Up to Date with your Stocks
A daily email newsletter that provides a summary of all the stocks you follow - closing price, change in price, trading volume and market announcements.
One email a day keeps you in the loop for all stocks that you’re interested in, at no cost to you.
An example of stock update you will receive when you sign up with us...
Over 4 subscribers (we just launched!)
Personalised stock updates
Free - all at no cost to you
Create an account for free
So. Who are you guys?
Stock Brief was created by Owen McCrink, who wanted an easy way to keep an eye on market announcements and pricing automatically.
He is busy running a software agency, Digital Basis, so thought why not use his teams expertise to get this built and offer to everyone so he can keep an eye on his (small) portfolio.
Shoot us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the price?
Free! We don’t charge for the Stock Brief service. Maybe in the future we will offer a premium version, or not (we’ll see what happens).
How do you make money if its free?
Well, right now, we don’t. It actually costs us money to run this service (but not too much, with the cost absorbed by our founders consulting business). Maybe we will put some small ads in the future, or offer a premium version, to monetise.
How often are the emails?
The emails are sent every morning after a trading day (e.g. for a standard trading week, you’ll receive an email 7am on Tuesday through Saturday).
We’re working on making it so the emails are sent around 8pm after each trading day.
Additionally, we occasionally send out an update email with some market news and product updates (not more than once a fortnight, usually less - as we too busy to write them).
What is in the emails?
The emails show for each stock that you have selected:
• The price data:
◦ close price
◦ change (as a percentage, up or down or neutral)
◦ volume of shares traded
◦ turnover (close price x volume of shares traded)
• Market announcements
◦ Market announcement heading
◦ If price sensitive
◦ Link to read the PDF version of announcement
You can also see a screenshot of an email from Stock Brief on our home page.
What stock markets do you provide this service for?
Right now, just the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX). We may consider more in the future (we do own the domain stockbrief.com, so we should make use of it globally).
How do I select my stocks?
You select them on sign up. There is also a link in the email to change your stocks selected. Or you click here to update them now.
I want to stop the emails / unsubscribe.
Damn. Sorry to see you go. There is an unsubscribe link in your email. Or you can click here to unsubscribe manually.
Can I follow you on social media?
Yes - we have a Twitter account: @StockBrief. We don’t have an Instagram or Facebook as they are mongrels for privacy (Twitter ain’t so bad).
Can I get in touch with you?
Sure. We have a nice contact form.
What do you do with my private data?
We try to be totally honest with where your data goes and what we do with it. Read our privacy statement.
We treat our users how we want to be treated. That means no shady practices to our users or potential users.
Our core values when it comes to privacy are:
• No creepy analytics or internet stalking. The only tracking tool we use on this site is Simple Analytics. This only collect page views, referrers, top pages and screen sizes — nothing else.
• We keep clear of Facebook and Instagram, so your data won’t be passed through to the Zuck and then onto his mates at Cambridge Analytica.
• We are experimenting in some Reddit and Twitter advertising to drive users. The only thing we use here is targeting people in Australia who have an interested in the share market — not based on cookies or third party tracking.
• Your data is stored in as few places as possible. We use G Suite for email (e.g. if you email us directly or reply to a message), the daily update emails are sent via Postmark, any bulk emails (e.g. product updates) are via MailerLite, with the database hosted on Google Cloud. There are the only locations where your data exists.
• If you unsubscribe, your email is deleted from our database and you’ll never hear from our automated systems in the future. Unless you sign up again.
Update your stocks with the form below.
Sorry to see you go.